Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Would this marriage show on 1837?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susanne

Susanne Report 20 Jul 2004 16:25

Hi, I have an ancester who was charged with bigamy in 1877, would his marriage to her show on 1837 or would all record of it have been removed? Sue:-)

Susanne

Susanne Report 20 Jul 2004 16:31

Thanks Joy, I will have a look through 1837, I just didn't want to waste money searching for nothing. Sue:-)

Susanne

Susanne Report 20 Jul 2004 17:09

Well I guess they must have removed the marriage details. I have searched the years between his first marriage and the quarter following the newspaper announcement and I cannot find any record of his second marriage. Totally stumped now as there is no sign of the second wife on the next census under maiden or married name and he is back with his first wife. Sue:-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Jul 2004 17:54

Hi Sue just a thought but do you know for definite that he married bigamously using his real name? David

Susanne

Susanne Report 20 Jul 2004 18:13

Hi David, I must admit, that thought had crossed my mind. Think I may go back and check out if there is a marriage listed for the second wife. Sue:-)