Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Are there records for School Masters?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 17 Jul 2004 17:11

One of my rellies was a School Master for over twenty years in Cornwall in the early-mid 1800s. Are there likely to be any records mentioning him? I assume he was also a pupil at the school as he was born and raised in the village (Crowan) where he taught. Having never looked for this type of information before, I would be grateful for any advice.

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Jul 2004 17:23

There will probably be records of the school in which he would be mentioned. If they exist, they will probably be held at the local record office. You can check on the Access to archives site - www.a2a.org.uk - to see where they are held. Helen

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 17 Jul 2004 17:40

Hi Helen, thanks for the reply. I checked the A2A site but none of the records seem to go back early enough.

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Jul 2004 19:02

I suggest you contact the Cornwall Record Office www(.)cornwall(.)gov(.)uk/cro/default(.)htm remove( ) first

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 18 Jul 2004 11:48

Thanks Helen.