Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BEST SEARCH SITES??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 17 Jul 2004 02:30

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND ANY OTHER SITES TO USE? I AM STILL A NOVICE AT THIS - AM USING SITES SUCH AS - FreeBMD/ANCESTRY/1837ONLINE & ALL THE CENSUS SITES, BUT I AM STRUGGLING TO FIND RECORDS FOR MANY OF MY RELLIES - I NEED SOME NEW RESOURCES, PLEASE HELP. CHEERS, ANITA.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 17 Jul 2004 02:38

Hi Anita, just nudged up best websites list for you. hope you find it useful as it has loads of great sites, tried tested and recommended by everyone on GR happy hunting Christine

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 17 Jul 2004 02:51

CHRISTINE, THANKS. I JUST COPIED IT - THAT'S GIVEN ME 6 PAGES OF USEFUL INFO TO SIFT THRU lol........CHEERS!

Bob

Bob Report 17 Jul 2004 11:51

search Tips Board for "uk-bmd" and "free census data" and "ONLINE PARISH CLERKS Project: OPC" That should keep you going a bit longer. And if it rains all summer, with all these and "best web sites" to look at, who cares !! good luck, good hunting !

Philip

Philip Report 17 Jul 2004 16:14

Hi There, Give the GENUKI site a go as it has stacks of valuable info on it All the very best phil

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Jul 2004 16:29

Anita Hopefully you will find some of the above sites very useful, but please remember that everything should be checked and that eventually you will need to visit a record office somewhere! Helen