Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Name of FLOOD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jul 2004 22:46

I have just read on here that Irish names usually come from particular places. I have no idea exactly where my great-grandfather came from, only that he ended up in Plymouth in the mid-late 1800s having arrived from Ireland via Liverpool. If anybody could tell me which part of Ireland the Floods could have originated from, I'd be very grateful. Also, are there passenger lists for the boats that brought the Irish to Liverpool? Many thanks, Mandy :)

Judy

Judy Report 16 Jul 2004 23:02

Mandy: I am helping a friend with some family research, surname FLOOD. The family was from Lietrem, Northern Ireland. The descendents I've traced for him are branches that came from there to the US. Judy

Linda

Linda Report 17 Jul 2004 00:23

Hi Mandy, Have you looked at Scottiepress - lots of info' re Irish entering Liverpool. http://www.scottiepress.org/main.htm Good Luck, Linda.

Anne

Anne Report 17 Jul 2004 10:43

hi, did you know that the name flood is connected to the name tully. It means water. the people who lived near water took this name and there is a place in roscommon ireland , and a town or village called tully.

Lucy

Lucy Report 24 Jul 2004 14:08

Hi Mandy,may not be of help but there was family named Flood living in Seaforth.liverpool in 1930 onwards,attended Our Lady Star of the Sea Church,Lucy

Linda

Linda Report 26 Jul 2004 23:07

Hi Mandy, Have emailed you direct with some 'Floods' from Ireland that I found in Lancashire. Another suggestion is: www.leitrim-roscommon(.)com/1901census/census.shtml Just type Flood in the box for the Head of Household name - it brings up loads! Good Luck, Linda.