Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

scots origins help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lesley

Lesley Report 13 Jul 2004 10:54

I used sotts origins quite a lot when i first started tracing my family tree and it worked fine. I have tryed using it several times this week with no joy, is anyone else having these problems or is it my computer?

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 13 Jul 2004 11:07

Hi Lesley, I just checked and it seems to be working fine here. Having said that I only use the free services eg. checking IGI, so maybe its different for paying members. Christine

Lesley

Lesley Report 13 Jul 2004 11:14

Thanks christine,Ijust want to use the IGI as well must be to do with my computer. I dont supose you know any other site that have IGI for scotland?

Geoff

Geoff Report 13 Jul 2004 11:22

You could try getting in by this route (if you know where you want to look) http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.*com/~hughwallis/ (remove *)

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 13 Jul 2004 11:23

Hi Lesley if you go straight to LDS site and search from there. Scots origins IGI search is really only an easier way of searching that site. http://www.familysearch.org/ and click on search. Hope that helps you Christine

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 13 Jul 2004 11:36

Lesley, don't worry it's NOT your pc, I've just tried Scotsorigins again and it's not working for me now either.!! Christine