Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Old church records............... Help.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kelly

Kelly Report 11 Jul 2004 20:19

Hiya all, im wondering if someone may be able to help me. I have a couple of marriage certificates from a church in Halifax. The church was called The Church of The Sacred Heart and St Bernard i believe it to be Roman Catholic. I was wondering if this church still exsists. Halifax is my home town and i have not heard of it. I have tried punching the church name into google with little success. Does anyone know a good web site that may have records of what became of it. I know it was still there in 1925 as i have a marriage in it. Any help would be appreciated as im not sure where to go.... Thanks Kelly xx

Geoff

Geoff Report 11 Jul 2004 20:23

This webpage has a record of a marriage which took place there in 1915 http://www.communigate*.co.uk/ne/themarsh/page9.phtml

Seasons

Seasons Report 11 Jul 2004 20:23

Phone up the local RC CHURCH - they will have a diocesan directory and can tell you the church still exists or one that covers the same area if there's been an amalgamation. They Diocesan may also have an archives the keeper of which they could put you in touch with.