Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Thomas Aldridge (1864/5)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barry

Barry Report 11 Jul 2004 16:40

In 1891 & 1901 Census place of birth was Bath, Somerset. I can not find his registed birth in the 1837 index also free BMD the only thing I've found is William Aldridge born in Stroud the last qtr of 1864 can anybody help. Thanks

Crista

Crista Report 11 Jul 2004 21:09

Barry, Do you have his father's name from his marriage certificate? It might help you find him on an earlier census or you could specify the father's name when ordering that cert from Stroud. Crista

Irene

Irene Report 11 Jul 2004 21:37

I have just looked on Ancestry births, boy are there a lot of William Aldridge even William Thomas. I take it the one I found in 1891 from Bath Somerset in Watford is yours. Have you tried to find him 1881. Have you looked for his marriage. That I think would be the first step. Once you have found his marriage and get his fathers name then you can look for him in 1881. Don't forget they didn't always use their first name, I had one in my husbands family Arthur born abt 1848, two census I have found him said Arthur, 1891 no trace but I did find his family with his sister so I traced him through that. Would you believe he is Ebenezer Arthur, and just this week end I have found his death, and in the right district something we didn't know in 1910 under Ebenezer A. We looked for 3 years so with all the help of the internet you may just be a bit quicker than we were. Good Luck Irene