Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

bo selecta can u help me please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 8 Jul 2004 23:30

can u help me please Please Help ME is there a possibility that she emigrated ?????? im looing for gladys hampson 22 12 08 and her sisiter hannah primrose hampson 28 04 07 born liverpool the last i know gladys had a baby 1930 in liverpool then disapeared off the face of the planet i have been searching for 5 yrs can any one help me please thanx a million xxxxxx

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 9 Jul 2004 16:25

Hi Deb, I got your email. As you know the sisters' birth dates, presumably you have their birth certificates? Write to local Liverpool newspapers, such as the Liverpool Echo and Liverpool Daily Post, explaining you are tracing your family history. Include the sisters, their parents and any details such as addresses and occupations. I would not mention the adopted baby, you don't know who is reading the letter and what effect that information would have on them. After she had the baby she may very well have changed her name unofficially and moved away. Have you joined the relevant family history society? http://www.liverpool-genealogy.org.uk/home.htm They have access to all sorts of resources and you may be lucky - someone else might be researching your names!

Tudor

Tudor Report 10 Jul 2004 01:06

Deborah I can check with someone in the Liverpool and South West Lancs FHS or you can come along to the LDS in Millbank, West Derby. I've told you this before I think. Or you can go along to the Picton Library in Willim Brown Street in town on a Tuesday afternoon, as the Society has a help desk there then.