Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PROBLEMS PRINTING TREE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 8 Jul 2004 20:35

For the first time today I decided to print my tree from GR. Why, when I click to see more tree and then print, don't the lines match.....am I doing something wrong or is this a fault in the system? Mary

Margaret

Margaret Report 8 Jul 2004 20:37

join the club margaret derby.

Christine

Christine Report 8 Jul 2004 20:48

Doesn't this defeat the object of being able to print our tree? Has anyone else noticed or complained or is the 'print' feature something no-one else uses?

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Jul 2004 23:04

Hi Mary, I tried to print my tree when we were told that we now had this facility, and it didn't work beyond the first page!! I have tried it again after reading your thread, and it still doesn't work!! I feel and e-mail coming on!! Margaret

Christine

Christine Report 8 Jul 2004 23:11

Not only do the lines not connect but it misses off the last box on the last page...definately an email!!!!!

Lesley

Lesley Report 11 Jul 2004 22:49

I can't do it neither, someone out there must know how to. Lesley

Kim

Kim Report 12 Jul 2004 10:15

1.Choose "your tree " on left - Click on printer friendly version, 2. alter your "Page set up " under the "file" menu in your browser to "Landscape" and print the first page. Then go to" more tree exists" box on the far right of your tree and click the top one and this should bring up another page to print, sometimes the lines are a little bit out , but it seems mostly ok and nothing a pair of scissors and some sticky tape won't rectify!!! If you want to print a different branch you have to click on it first and do the same thing..... Tried it this morning and worked o.k, if you have a large tree you will need plenty of printer paper!! Kim