Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

a little rant

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stewart

Stewart Report 6 Jul 2004 16:25

had 42 credits on 1837online. thought i'd have a look for my nan and grandad's marriage. wasted 39 credits searching for Leonard L. Sear. eventually found it... as Leonard L. SearS! not sure who i'm ranting at, but it's damn annoying! stewart sear (definitely not Sears!)

Susanne

Susanne Report 6 Jul 2004 16:43

Try wasting over 100 credits looking under Gray only to find them under Grey!!!! Never mind, all part of the fun :-))))) Sue:-)

Lynne

Lynne Report 6 Jul 2004 17:01

Know what you mean, l am researching my family by name of Swindell(s). On the 1881 the name is Swindells but on the 1901 it is Swindell and of course on the 1901 you have to be so precise. Lynne

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Jul 2004 17:15

Stewart That's why I prefer to save my £s for a trip to the Family Research Centre! I've got Gray/Greys and Chouns/Chowns, Maling/Mealing/Melings, as well as Mathews, Matthews and in one case Maththews! See it could be worse! Helen

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 6 Jul 2004 17:18

Oh I sympathise, I wasted countless credits looking for a William Herrick's birth but it was never registered!

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat Report 7 Jul 2004 23:54

And it doesn't help when your great-grandmother repeatedly and consistently lied about her age - by about 5 years. Mind you, she would keep marrying younger men...... Hmm, maybe it's me who got it wrong.