Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

linking trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steph

Steph Report 6 Jul 2004 13:56

Anyone know why I can't do this. I've linked trees with three or four people, no problem. But now my closest relative & I would like to do this, and, although we are both on each others 'contacts' list and have allowed each other access to view our respective trees, there is no note on the 'contacts' section for the ability for us to link trees, can anyone help? Steph

Dave the Tyke

Dave the Tyke Report 6 Jul 2004 14:41

Nothing to do with your question Steph but where are your family from? xx Dave Bland from Bradford W. Yorks

Judith

Judith Report 6 Jul 2004 14:49

I think it depends how you make the contact; you only get this option if you contact the other person about a specific person on their tree. Try typing a name you know you both have on your trees into quick search. For example if you and cousin Freda both have Fred Bloggs in your trees do a quick search for Fred Bloggs, a list of possibles comes up with dates and contact envelopes beside them, one will say 'in your tree' of course, another should say 'contacted' if you and your relative have previously made contact through GC. When you click the envelope it should say something like 'Send Message to Freda about Fred Bloggs'. Make your contact through this and you should be given the option of linking trees. Hope this makes sense. Judith

Steph

Steph Report 6 Jul 2004 17:48

thanks, Judith, we will try that! And David, I belong to the Blands' of Northampton, going back four generations, they are hubby's family, prior to 1800 from near Market Harborough. Steph x