Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Was my Granddad from Mars!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 5 Jul 2004 15:36

On mothers birth cert. his name is Charles Sidney Simmonds on his WW1 medals it is just Charles Simmonds. I was lucky Jan was going to Kew and got me his Military history. Signed on begining of the 1900s aged18 1/2 at Stratford Living London Barnet. but I can't find him. He left the army early 1920s and in 1924 was working at Royal Mill Esher Surrey, where my mother was born. But I can't find his birth,married or death. Done 1837 but there are quite a few Charles Simmonds plus a Charles stephen Simmonds who is the right age HELP Jenny

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 5 Jul 2004 16:06

Hi Jennifer Have you tried the FREEbmd site. apparently ( now I have NOT tried this ) another GC member wrote on another thread that if you enter the childs name and the maiden name of the mother ( if known) the right birth will come up. If not I would guess that your gonna have to buy the birth certs on trial and error basis and hope you get lucky ( hope I'm wrong there though ) Sorry to be of no more help than that. Much happiness Debi

Ann

Ann Report 5 Jul 2004 17:09

Must have come down on the same spaceship as my g-grandfather!!!

Sally

Sally Report 5 Jul 2004 17:55

And my gt grandmother!!! Sally-:))

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 5 Jul 2004 18:07

Deborah Will give that a try thanks Jenny

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 5 Jul 2004 18:08

Ann and Sally If you find out the planet let me know!!!! jenny

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 5 Jul 2004 18:16

Amanda thanks didn't think of that one should keep me quiet for a time (that will please the old man) Jenny

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 5 Jul 2004 21:07

jennifer if yours wasnt ,mine was!!! im having the trouble as you are i found his birth and his marriage but i cant find him on the 1901!!!grrrrrr susie

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 5 Jul 2004 21:32

Jennifer I think all these 'unfindables' must have come down to Earth together. Hubby's Grandfather's birth details can't be found anywhere! I have his death cert, marriage cert, he's on 1881 census and even know where, to who and around when he was born, just can't be found!!!! I know they do ships passenger lists, do you think that includes space ships? LOL Christine

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 6 Jul 2004 13:28

Thank you all it is good to know I'm not alone !!!! Jenny