Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

adoption

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 5 Jul 2004 13:34

After asking on here i have registered with myfolks.org who have a new open site starting on august the 2nd .This is for finding adoptees and family and friends.so if you are looking for someone get your name down and they have said within 3 days you should get a reply <After the said date>..Dawn If anyone knows of any other way i can find adopted children from 1980's please let me kow .THanks again for any help you have given me..X

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jul 2004 17:22

Hi Dawn Just a suggestion, you could try NORCAP. They are a national adoption organisation and although they trace birth families for the adoptee, they also offer advice and counselling to anyone involved with adoption. They are highly reputable and a registered charity. They have a website at www(.)norcap(.)org. Good luck, Mandy :)

Seasons

Seasons Report 5 Jul 2004 17:31

Don't forget Lookupuk*com they have an adoption section Missing-you*net If you have given a child up for adoption don't foget to register with the adoption agency/social services as wanting contact as well as NORCAP and Adoption Match. Same for adopted children contact your adoption agency/social services as they can tell you what's in your file -can give you loads of info and maybe the name of a person/family member who knew about adoption who could possibly give you information and act as go between too. Don't forget to put yourself on genes reunited and friends reunited. Children would probably look at friends reunited to see if they can see a natural parents registered. Also genes reunited if they look up their names they can see who they are connected to and send message if they want to. Good Luck

Dawn

Dawn Report 5 Jul 2004 19:09

Thanks for help i appreciate it more than i can say ,I have registered my self with several and will just see what happens i will let u know Xdawn

Louise

Louise Report 6 Jul 2004 23:35

dawn, after applying for my adoption papers yesterday i was given a web site to register on [which i havent done yet] its www.statistics.gov.uk/registration/adoptions the lady said that this wed site is given out to all adoptees and they can register there name and birth parents name and as long as the birth parent has their details on there and permisson for the adopted child to contact them then they pass on all details it happens the other way round to,might be worth a try she may have registered all ready.

Dave the Tyke

Dave the Tyke Report 7 Jul 2004 11:13

Joan Allan at myfolks(.)co(.)uk took 2 days to find my birth mother, she's since found umpteen sisters and still contacts me with updates. I'm still waiting for NORCAP to contact me from registering 14 years ago xx Dave