Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any one know where Button Oak is.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pat

Pat Report 3 Jul 2004 14:24

Hi, I have found my G,G, Grandparents living in Button Oak, but have no idea where abouts in England it is. Would be very grateful if anyone could help. Thankyou. Pat in Australia.

Stan

Stan Report 3 Jul 2004 14:47

Hi Pat Are you sure this is not Sutton Oak, which is about 2 miles south of the centre of St Helens, Lancashire? If it is, registers were in the Prescot Registration District 1837-1930. Regards Stan

Emma

Emma Report 3 Jul 2004 14:53

Pat, There is a buttonoak in Shropshire. If you go to the multimap site you'll be able to see where it is exactly - in the Wyre Forest midway between Cleobury Mortimer and Kidderminster. Hope this helps, Emma x

Geoff

Geoff Report 3 Jul 2004 16:35

The boundary seems to be the B4194, so it depends which side of the road you're on.

Robert

Robert Report 3 Jul 2004 20:43

Button Oak is on the B4194 road between Bewdley and Button Bridge. It is a small vilage in Wyre Forest, usually classed as being near to Bewdley, Worcestershire, for postal purposes. I live just a few miles away.

Pat

Pat Report 4 Jul 2004 12:23

Thank you all so much for your help. My Great Grandfather's birth certificate says Birth place Kidderminster, so it looks as though I am on the rite track fo his parents. Don't know if you remember Stan but when I began the search for my Grandfathers address in York, you were kind enough to send me the file with the census page showing me the family. This was a great help. I think we are so lucky to have so many members who give so much help. Thank you all so much. Pat in Australia.