Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

This months Your Family Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lucky

Lucky Report 2 Jul 2004 11:08

This months issue has the 2002/3 electoral roll on the cd. Diane

Zoe

Zoe Report 2 Jul 2004 12:19

Got mine this morning too. Dissappointed that yet again practically all of the stuff on the CD is totally useless to those of us using Macs - including the invaluable electoral roll. Zoe

Anne

Anne Report 2 Jul 2004 13:18

The postman's not been yet - getting later and later. Looking forward to my copy! Anne

JillGr

JillGr Report 3 Jul 2004 00:56

Has anyone attempted to use the electoral roll? I downloaded it but can't get it to work. Would appreciate any advice please. Jill

Lucky

Lucky Report 3 Jul 2004 11:20

I didn't get it at first, but followed the instructions on page 70 of the magazine. You have to put enough info in to start with, then the start button to the right of the name search box goes green, then you can press it to start looking. Hope that helps Diane

Nichola

Nichola Report 3 Jul 2004 12:51

How do you get copies then. I assume its from subscribing to a magazine?

Lucky

Lucky Report 3 Jul 2004 13:07

You don't have to subscribe. WH Smiths or similar should have it on sale in the next week. But if you decide to subscribe it's a lot cheaper (30%). And at the moment you get a free book worth £10. Where I live there isn't a Smiths and I would have to get it ordered so it's a lot easier for me. You get a disc every months with different programmes on it. £4.99 if you buy in the shop just over £11 a quarter if you subscribe Diane

JillGr

JillGr Report 3 Jul 2004 13:19

Hi Diane, Gosh - it's hard work trying to post on this board! I'll probably end up with 3 messages in a minute. I think I must have mucked up the installation - still can't get a green button despite filling in every box. Also, when I try to close down it says something like UKID has caused an error I'll uninstall and try again. Jill

Nichola

Nichola Report 3 Jul 2004 14:18

Hi Diane, Thanks for that info. It sounds like its worth getting.

JillGr

JillGr Report 3 Jul 2004 15:59

Well, I've tried 3 times in install. Having done so and restarted PC, when I open the program I get a small box with ICD_92SE at the top; a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it and alongside is written uk.dat. Underneath is a box with a clickable OK. Don't know what to do now so will probably give up to it! Jill

Lucky

Lucky Report 3 Jul 2004 17:09

I'm sure theres a helpline number if you have trouble with the disc. It may be faulty?? found this inside the insert www.futurenet(.)co.uk/support or 01225 442244 Diane

JillGr

JillGr Report 3 Jul 2004 17:12

Thanks for that, Diane. I'll give that a go. I ain't very good with this technology! Jill