Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

queens head,stratford on avon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 1 Jul 2004 20:58

Hi, can anyone tell me were i could get a photo of a pub one of my ancesters ran in 1891, it's called queens head,54 ely street, stratford on avon, it's still there,i got the details off google it gives the address and phone No. but no photo! i would love to see what it's like. thanks, Chris.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jul 2004 22:10

Local record office or library might have one, possibly local history society. Also the brewers. And the pub may have an old photo hanging up inside! Helen

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 1 Jul 2004 22:58

thanks Helen,how do i join local history society? Chris.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 1 Jul 2004 23:13

Christine, I just had a look and there are photo's. Put name of pub and address into Google and click on image. This brings up a map. Click on map it will take you to the pubs web page. There are pictures, a history of the pub and a message board. Good luck Christine

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 2 Jul 2004 09:31

thanks Christine,have found it,have emailed you. Chris.