Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help! no image on freebmd

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Penny

Penny Report 1 Jul 2004 19:48

i have tried to get an image on freebmd but only get a blank screen with a red/blue/yellow square in the corner, any ideas please. or could some kind person check parents names on the following for me please. Elizabeth hannah evans kensington 1a 80 dec 1965 thanks penny

Judy

Judy Report 1 Jul 2004 20:12

Penny....be sure your computer is updated for all the latest tech stuff your computer needs at the Microsoft Window's Update site (See thread on TIPS board "1 Stop Routine PC Maintance.") Updating at the Microsoft site should be done in order to keep your PC up to date with the newest technology out on the Internet as well as fix security holes in your system. Also check to see if the following is checked off on your PC: 1. Click on START 2. Click on CONTROL PANEL (Some PC's, depending on what version of Windows you have, you might have to click on FIND or SEARCH first in order to see the CONTROL PANEL.) 3. Click on INTERNET OPTIONS. 4. A box appears - click on the ADVANCE tab. 5. Scroll down to the subheading MULTIMEDIA and make sure that SHOW PICTURES has a check mark next to it. 6. Shroll down a little further and under SECURITY make sure that USE TLS 1.0 is also checked. 7. At the bottom of the box click on APPLY and then OK. J :)

Penny

Penny Report 1 Jul 2004 23:10

judy bit of a novice on pc, will try that thanks penny

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jul 2004 23:26

Penny, have you downloaded the free viewer thingy (see I'm no hotshot on the pc either!)? I know I had to do this on 1837, but not sure if you need to do it on freebmd. The little icon you're getting sounds like the one I was getting on 1837 though. Grief, I'm rambling, way past my bedtime - hope you get my drift! Mandy :)

David

David Report 2 Jul 2004 08:10

Penny, check out another thread on the Records Office board. I had exactly the same problem as you, but I downloaded the latest version of QuickTime Player as recommended and this fixed the problem (at least for me).

Penny

Penny Report 2 Jul 2004 16:27

a big thank you to you all i managed to get it working, quick time needed updating. thanks again for all your help penny