Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where can i get BIVRI Disc from?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 30 Jun 2004 16:14

i just wonder if anyone knows where i can buy one of these discs please, thanks june

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jun 2004 16:22

I've seen this referred to before, but can someone please tell me what BVRI is? Thanks, Mandy :)

June

June Report 30 Jun 2004 16:26

Hi Mandy, BVRI is British Vital Records Index, well i think thats what it means, hope this helps, june

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 30 Jun 2004 17:39

Hi June; The BVRI is put out by the LDS (Mormons). I got mine out of the states at www(.)familysearch(.)org as I am in Canada. The cost was about $20 US. I don't know if there is an office in the UK. The coverage is very spotty though. Where is your research based? I know I have done some lookups for you, but can't remember where. Let me know what areas and I will check the coverage and that may help you decide if it is worth getting.

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 30 Jun 2004 17:49

Don't hold me to this, but other people have bought things from Stepping Stones and S&N Genealogical supplies. You could try there.

Geoff

Geoff Report 30 Jun 2004 18:00

I got mine last year from LDS. It was via a phone number in Birmingham and cost £21.95. I just found this "The address for orders is The Distribution Centre, 399 Garretts Green Lane, Birmingham, B33 0UH, cheques should be made payable to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. they have a new debit/credit card telephone number just for their CDs: 08700 10 20 51. The fax number is :08700 10 20 52"

June

June Report 1 Jul 2004 11:54

Hi Theresa, Thanks for the info, my ancestors mainly came from cheshire area, and north wales, and some came from Scotland, thats on my mothers side, and Berkshire, and Wiltshire and Glamorgan on my fathers side, so a wide area to cover, do you think it would be worth me investingin the discs thanks june

June

June Report 1 Jul 2004 11:57

Hi Kate, thanks i'll have a look at what they got, hi Geoff, thanks for the info, is it a good investment? june

Geoff

Geoff Report 1 Jul 2004 12:16

Wiltshire is second only to Lancs in the number of records. Most of Wales is very poor (You know what I mean!). If this link works, you will see the number of records for each county http://www.ldscatalog.*com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/lds/50126000.jsp?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=106644&langId-1 (remove *)

June

June Report 1 Jul 2004 12:55

Hi Geoff, unfortunately it doesn't work, i've tired it but all i get is ablank page, thanks anyway june

Geoff

Geoff Report 1 Jul 2004 13:06

It works for me. Copy and paste it to your address bar, remove the * and press return.

June

June Report 1 Jul 2004 13:34

Hi Geoff, i finally manage to get on the page but i had to go in via familysearch site, thanks again june