Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Contcting GR support

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 28 Jun 2004 07:51

I have now e-mailed support twice about a problem with my tree, and to date have received no reply. Does this mean they can't help me, or are they just very busy and taking longer to respond? If it is the former, then you would think they would E-mail me back just to let me know. Has anyone else had this experience with contacting GR, or am I doing something wrong??

Jubal

Jubal Report 28 Jun 2004 08:47

Hello Ann, I have contacted support twice since last week and have had no reply back. I've deleted my tree and I am trying to upload a new one but keep getting very odd error messages. So you are not alone :-) Julie

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jun 2004 16:29

Hi Ann I've sent a few emails and never received any replies, except for one - Dave the Tyke put on a thread titled 'Administrator' and someone from GC replied. I then clicked on their name and sent my message (like you would for any other member) rather than via support. This is the one they have answered! So it might be worth a try. Mind you, I had to supply some further info so I'm now waiting to hear the final outcome! Good luck! Mandy :)

Ann

Ann Report 28 Jun 2004 17:16

Thanks everyone who replied- this seems pretty poor service considering we are paying members!!! I think I will e-mail them again!!!

Genes

Genes Advisor Report 29 Jun 2004 10:24

Dear Ann, I am sorry for the delay in replying to this. I am afraid that we have had a few reports from members recently where they have contacted us, but we have not actually received the email. Our technical team are currently looking into this and trying to establish why some emails are not reaching us. Please bear with us while try to resolve this. Please could you send me your query again. We do answer all emails within 24 hours. if you do not receive a reply after this time, then please could you send it again. I am really sorry for the inconvenience. Best wishes, Estelle.

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Jun 2004 16:45

I came on this thread to tell you that I've just received an email from GC - and saw that Estelle from GC had beaten me to it! I had a prompt and satisfactory response from them regarding my earlier email (which it appears they never received) and they are trying to help with my second query. Good luck the rest of you! Mandy :)

Jubal

Jubal Report 29 Jun 2004 17:10

I contacted Estelle and she has emailed me back and is now dealing with my problem. Thank you Estelle. Julie

Ann

Ann Report 29 Jun 2004 21:53

Thanks everyone- I contacted Estelle and have had my reply!!!