Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I COULD SPIT FEATHERS AND RUDE WORDS...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Abigail

Abigail Report 28 Jun 2004 00:07

I have been editing and updating some of the details in my tree and have managed to end up with a duplicate great great great grandmother! All the good information is now on the entry that I don't want and cannot link to the good information on the correct husband! So I tried to delete her but could not as she has too many links. So I changed her christian name to Rubbish but that did not help except to emphasis that my correct details and tree are tagged onto the wrong entry! And now I have a relative called Rubbish Henderson!!! Does anyone know how to amalgamate records so that I don't have to delete and re enter goodness knows how many? Thanks in desperation! Abigail

Abigail

Abigail Report 28 Jun 2004 00:47

Thank you - I must be too tired to think straight - or I would not have asked. I just thought I would try to get up to date once the children were in bed and then five hours later you realise your big mistake! I will tackle this tomorrow - thanks for the advice Abigail