Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Importing gedcom into Family Tree Maker v11 Help N

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jubal

Jubal Report 27 Jun 2004 11:04

Hello, I posted this message yesterday and then deleted it because I thought I had solved the problem, but I haven't. I have almost 1000 people on my Legacy 5 software. I have just bought FTM v11 and want to import my data from Legacy. I did this OK, (or so I thought), until I realised that it hasn't imported all the dates, some are there, but most aren't. I don't want to manually have to retype them all in so I need help please. I have emailed support in the USA but they only work Mon - Fri. Many thanks, Julie.

Steven

Steven Report 27 Jun 2004 17:57

Hi Julie, If you go to the Legacy website you can join a very good users mailing list. I do know that not all information can be transfered using a gedcom, but it should transfer the basic information. Steve.

Jubal

Jubal Report 27 Jun 2004 18:23

Thanks for that Steve, I'll check it out. Best Wishes, Julie