Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What's the chances

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shan

Shan Report 26 Jun 2004 17:21

I have a chimney sweep, that had 4 son's, one i know followed in his father's footstep's, now trying to find another one of the son's, the closest i have come up with is a carpenter, bearing in mind back in them day's being a chimney sweep was a common occupation of Gypsy's,i also have a lot of hawker's and flower seller's other gypsy trade's. So what are the chance's of one of the son's being a carpenter. Anyone help Shan

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Jun 2004 17:28

Shan That's guesswork, and your guess, my guess and someone else's guess are likely to be equally valid. You don't want chances, you want facts. The question to ask is how can you confirm/reject the carpenter as your relative? Helen

Shan

Shan Report 26 Jun 2004 17:34

Know what you mean Helen, we can all live in hope. Regard's Shan

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Jun 2004 17:47

Shan Live in hope if you die in despair as my Mum always said. But hope isn't an authentic proof and you don't want to go barking up the wrong family tree, do you! Even if the carpenter is using it for wood, ha ha. Helen

Shan

Shan Report 26 Jun 2004 17:57

LOL. thank's for cheering up my saturday helen best wishe's Shan