Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

anyone familiar with old schools in Middlesbrough

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 25 Jun 2004 22:53

Helloo I am trying to find about a school once called Crescent Road Senior School situated somewhere in Middlesbrough. At some point between 1930 & 1939 it changed its name to Ayresome Senior Boys School. My grandfather attended the school between 1928-1930 when it was known as Crescent Rd School. Has anyone heard of this school and might know its history? Any info appreciated George

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 26 Jun 2004 02:14

George, what about on Friendsreunited, does the school still exist? You might find someone on there that could help. Christine

George

George Report 26 Jun 2004 11:12

Tried FR but there was no school listed under those names the closest possiblilty was an Ayresome Secondary Modern School which was on the parellel road to crescent rd. Might email someone who attended Ayresome Modern and see if they know its history. (~: Thanks George

Zoe

Zoe Report 26 Jun 2004 11:19

George, This is the local records office: Cleveland Archives Exchange House 6 Marton Road Middlesbrough TS1 1XY Tel: 01642 248321 they may be able to help or give you details for contacting the school or whoever would hold details.

George

George Report 26 Jun 2004 11:21

Emailed them on Thursday, no response yet Thanks Zoe :~) George

Zoe

Zoe Report 26 Jun 2004 11:22

heres the library - they are open today until 5pm Middlesbrough Central Library     Victoria Square Middlesbrough, Cleveland TS1 2AY   Telephone: +44 (1642) 248 155

George

George Report 26 Jun 2004 11:32

grrr website for Middlesbrough library is down today so can't email them grrr Thanks George

Janet

Janet Report 25 Jan 2005 23:02

I live in Middlesbrough and my mam, born 1932, attended Ayresome St Secondary Modern school. It's still there as a junior school. Janet

John

John Report 25 Jan 2005 23:39

george try the Knowhere.*co.*uk site and go for Middlesborough you will get direct info from locals