Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I find my Mary Owen!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JackieInCardiff

JackieInCardiff Report 24 Jun 2004 19:42

Hi. I am having a blank moment!. On my Gr Grandparents marriage certificate from May 29th 1911 it gives my GGmother Mary Hannah Owen's age as 18 (Although it could be 16, writing not that clear!) So, i searched for her birth in 1893 and found loads of them!! Also searched births in 1895(aged 16) and also found loads! Don't know where she was born, so where do I start? Her father's name is Owen Owen. She was married in Gelligaer in South Wales.Anyone out there able to help me? Yours hopefully Jackie

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Jun 2004 20:21

Jacqueline You can a) Find all the Mary Owens on the 1901 census aged 6-8 whose fathers are called Owen. See if his occupation checks out with what is on her marriage cert. or b) Have hysterics or c) both the above, in either order. Helen

JackieInCardiff

JackieInCardiff Report 24 Jun 2004 21:50

Hi Helen, I looked at 1901 census to find Owen Owen with occupation as Haulier (as stated on Mary's marriage cert) but couldn't find one. Now off to have more hysterics!!! Jackie

Judy

Judy Report 25 Jun 2004 04:56

Jackie.....hope this helps: IGI Individual Record FamilySearch™ International Genealogical Index v5.0 British Isles MARY OWEN Female Event(s): Birth: 1895 Llandudwen, Caernarvon, Wales Christening: Death: 22 JUN 1953 Burial: Parents: Father: OWEN OWEN Family Mother: ELIZABETH Judy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Jun 2004 09:34

Jacqui, If all else fails have a look behind the sideboard. That's where many of my lost things end up! Good hunting, Jim

Lynne

Lynne Report 25 Jun 2004 14:32

Jackie I have a Mary Owen if you would like to borrow her! Joking apart, I do have a lot of Owens in my tree but they are mainly from the Manchester area. I have many Owen birth records saved from 1837online so if you need any help email me with the name and year if possible and I'll look through them for you. Lynn