Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Parkin, Dawson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 22 Jun 2004 12:50

I have my g g grandfathers birth certificate. Can anyone suggest how I can find any information about his parents and siblings. He was William Parkin Dawson, born 1849, his parents were George Dawson and Elizabeth Parkin. He was born in Teesdale, sub district Barnard Castle, Boldron (which I think is near bowes) Michelle

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 22 Jun 2004 13:49

Hi Michelle You could try the following: familysearch.org I have found this on the 1881 census don't no whether this is him or not Birthplace William Dawson Head Married 32 Boldron York Wagon Wright (onx11) Emma Dawson Wife 32 Hartlepool John W Dawson Son 13 West Hartlepool George Dawson Son 12 West Hartlepool Daniel Dawson Son 9 West Hartlepool Thomas Dawson Son 4 West Hartlepool James Dawson Son 2 West Hartlepool Richard Dawson Son 7mths West Hartlepool they were living at 16 Studley Road Stranton Durham Hope this helps Cheryl

Sandra

Sandra Report 22 Jun 2004 13:52

HI HAVE YOU TRIED THE FAMILY SEARCH SITE WWW.FAMILYSEARCH.ORG PUT THE PARENT NAMES IN APPROPRIATE BOXES LEAVE THE REST BLANK AND IT BRINGS UP KIDS FOR THOSE PARENTS NAMES WHICH YOU CAN THEN SEARCH TO SEE IF THEY FIT THE SITE IS CONTINUALLY BEING UPDATED SANDRA

Michelle

Michelle Report 22 Jun 2004 13:52

Thanks Cheryl I have already got that, It's William's parent's I am trying to find. Michelle

Michelle

Michelle Report 22 Jun 2004 14:01

Hi Sandra I think I've tried every combination on the family search site, I've also tried Ancestry.com and free bmd. Michelle

Jan

Jan Report 23 Jun 2004 00:42

Try Newcastle Records Office and Middlesborough, both of which have records on line. These will probably only go back to 1837, not early enough for births but marriage? Visit the Durham site on GenUKI and find the parish you think they come from. Some parish records are online. Jan

Michelle

Michelle Report 23 Jun 2004 09:24

Jan Thank you for your suggestion Michelle

Michelle

Michelle Report 23 Jun 2004 11:52

A hugh big thank you I've finally found their marriage. (Sent off for it straight away) I've been looking in Yorkshire when I should have been looking in Durham. Just goes to show, just because something happened in one county, the records may be stored in the neighbouring one! Michelle