Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cannot Access LDS site - help.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 20 Jun 2004 16:06

Hi All, I cannot access LDS site and need to for my research. IGI in particular also need to check 1881 census. Is it my comp. or something else do you think. I click on Bookmark go through Google and Page not found comes up. Many thanks, Sandra

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Jun 2004 16:22

Sandra The LDS and IGI sites have been inaccessible today - its not you, or your computer. However, I think they are working OK now. If you're still having problems, let me know what you want to find out and I'll see if I can get it for you. Helen

Sandra

Sandra Report 20 Jun 2004 16:57

Hi Helen, I still cannot access. I am looking for James Hannell born 1813 in Herts. I think he is on IGI and his dad is John, Mother Mary. I wanted to scroll down page and see if I could click on Christenings or Baptisms and see if any other Hannells born to these parents. Usually there is a number at bottom of page and you click on and then enter just surname and other names come up. For British Isles. Many thanks if you can help. Sandra

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Jun 2004 18:21

Sandra James was christened on 05 December 1813 at Saint John & All Saints, Hertford, parents John & Mary. I've just checked the batch no. CO47871. Your James is the only Hannell - I checked all the Hs in case there was a mistranscription, and also looked for Annell. No result. Helen

Sandra

Sandra Report 20 Jun 2004 19:28

Hi Helen, Thanks for replying. I was afraid of that. There must have been Brothers and sisters somewhere I think. The father did move to Westminster, London, Middlesex, but don't know when. Perhaps more children were born there. Thankyou for your help, Sandra

Allie

Allie Report 20 Jun 2004 19:36

I had problems yesterday too. Lets hope they sort it out soon

Kim

Kim Report 20 Jun 2004 21:16

I cannot get in eirther and been trying all day... are you with ntl? KIM

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 20 Jun 2004 21:21

I too have had problems all day it's driving me mad. Sue

Mary

Mary Report 20 Jun 2004 21:56

Ive been trying all day and still cant get in. I`m with BT Broadband. Mary

Sandra

Sandra Report 21 Jun 2004 00:04

Hi All, I am with BT/Yahoo Broadband and also use Norton AV and Firewall and thought it might be that. BT also updated their webmail and initially had problems and still do on and off. Why is it some people seem to ba able to access LDS today though? Very weird. Sandra

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 21 Jun 2004 06:54

Hi all Do anyone of you know why the site is down? its been down for a long time now bit of a pain. tracy

Flossie

Flossie Report 21 Jun 2004 08:22

Ive just tried and cant get in. NTL user.

Sue

Sue Report 21 Jun 2004 08:26

Just got straight in there :o) I am on aol.com - maybe they think I am in USA! LOL Sue

Jan

Jan Report 21 Jun 2004 08:28

nope me neither.Maybe they are doing a huge update and all our elusive rellies will appear like magic! Oh well time to wake up and take the kids to school. Jan x

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Jun 2004 08:33

Sooooo frustrating isn't it - let's hope whatever thay have done is mega - we deserve it after it being out for so long. Gaynor

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 21 Jun 2004 09:31

I've just tried it and didn't have a problem. I was on yesterday and got a few 'page cannot be displayed' messages but tried again and it was fine. I can never remember the addy so always Google it and click on the 2nd one down that takes you straight to the search page. Jeanette