Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Historian and Tribal Pages help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 19 Jun 2004 17:58

Having viewed other peoples trees on Tribal Pages, I am keen to put my own on there. Would anyone know if with my Family Historian programme, I can seperate a family surname and save to another file name, (as you do with spreadsheets) and then just load that file to Tribal Pages. I know I can upload my GedCom file in one go, but what I would like to do is, partially load it, and then load more as and when required, but not one at a time. Hope this makes sense. Peter

Stan

Stan Report 19 Jun 2004 18:12

Yes, but you have to copy it and then delete the names you don't want included in the second list - which can be a bit tedious if you want to separate say 20 names from 500! Stan

Foxyfeline

Foxyfeline Report 19 Jun 2004 18:34

Hi Peter, how are you?? I don't know anything about family historian, I have legacy, and just downloaded the whole lot, and then sorted it out later. It is so easy with tribal pages. I had previously downloaded from GC to Legacy, and of course, there were lots of people on twice, etc, because of cousins marrying. I have sorted it on tribal pages now, well at least, most of them! Unfortunately, I find Legacy a bit complicated, (call me thick!), so haven't managed to sort it on there yet!! Hope you get it done, tribal pages is fab. Lisa xx

Peter

Peter Report 19 Jun 2004 18:56

Thanks Stan & Lisa, Lisa I did view yours, and signed the guest book, very good. If I uploaded the whole tree to Tribal Pages, can I delete some, ie cut some back.

Foxyfeline

Foxyfeline Report 19 Jun 2004 19:06

You can delete anything, but you have to do it person by person I believe, but it is very quick, not hard at all. Yes, I saw you signed my book, thankyou for that. Also thanks for the offer of helping me with West Ham. Very kind of you. I probably will take you up on that when I find out where exactly Priscilla Aldridge died. Thanks again Lisa xx

Judith

Judith Report 19 Jun 2004 19:40

Peter, If in Family Historian you use Save As.. to save a copy of your file first then edit this file by clicking on File and then Split Tree Helper - you will find options to delete all individual records found (or not found) by a variety of Individual Queries. You can use this to delete all bar the descendants of a particular individual which I think would achieve your purpose. Hope this makes sense :-) Judith

Peter

Peter Report 19 Jun 2004 19:43

Thank you Judith, Gratefull for your help. Peter