Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bernard

Bernard Report 15 Jun 2004 23:31

Hi everyone I have just paid my membership to this site only to find that I am barred from looking at other members' family trees. I mention this because I have seen whom I believe to be an uncle of mind but I am loathe to send an email just in case he does not know he even appears on this site. When I attempt to view the tree, in order to find the originator to the tree, I am told that I cannot view it. I am in a Catch22 situation and would welcome any advice as to how I should proceed to confirm the information I have found. Thanks Bernie

BrianW

BrianW Report 15 Jun 2004 23:39

Your e-mail will go to whoever put the tree on, not to your possible uncle, so you can ask the tree owner for more information without alerting your "relative".

Bernard

Bernard Report 15 Jun 2004 23:48

Brian Thanks very much indeed for your prompt and helpful reply. I will now give this a whirl :-) Thanks again Bernie

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 15 Jun 2004 23:56

Hi Bernard Regarding viewing other peoples trees - they have to give you permission to view - just like you have to give permission for anybody to view whatever you have in your tree. When you contact somebody/or they contact you - you then have the option to let them view/let you view trees Hope this makes sense!! Liz