Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find a Date of Death.- Hoole

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SusieQ

SusieQ Report 15 Jun 2004 13:55

I have managed to trace my Bio Grandfather. I have his dob and place. I have to say he appears to have been a bit of one? With help i have found out that he Lived in Liscard Wallasey, Liverpool via Kelly Directory (never appeared on any Electrol roles as he was very alusive) he appears to totally disappear end of 1949. any ideas how i can either trace him from thier or how to find out his dod. In 1949 he would have been aged 49. I think he may have been buried in a church cementy St Albans of Liscard.if he was in that area at the time of his death. Any help would be appreacited, as i have now come to a stand still with this again!! Sue

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 15 Jun 2004 14:55

Sue Try contacting those cemetaries giving name and year and see if they have anything on record. There is also Free bmd but that is not yet complete and of course 1837 online (not free). I expect the older(not age) researchers on this site will come up with far better info than I can give you. Good luck Pat

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 16 Jun 2004 11:27

Sue St Albans is the catholic church in Liscard not sure if there is a graveyard there but can find out, the main cemetery is at Rake Lane. What name are we looking for? Hoole is a place in Chester. Wallasey is in Cheshire not Liverpool. Linda x

SusieQ

SusieQ Report 16 Jun 2004 12:23

Hi Linda, Sorry i should have said the name is Hoole, i have spoken to the Father of St Albans Church,Liscard today i have to say what a lovely man he was, bless him, he told me a little of the history of the church and the fact that the land use to have a farmhouse built on it called Mill Pond Farm and that it was demolished in 1841 and the church was built on the land.he also offered to go and check the records for me. he said that nothing was recorded from 1948 to Oct 1950. I have found out that Francis was born at 25 Mill Lane and the Church is No 30. so all in all interesting but i am still looking for his date of death and where and if he was buried.

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 16 Jun 2004 14:58

I lived at the bottom of Mill Lane as a child and all my relatives still live in and around the Wirral except me. My brother is visiting me tomorrow his name is Francis too! If you think I can help in any way please feel free to e mail me direct. I am visiting Chester records office on July 8th. Linda x