Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth 1832 Canterbury

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helena

Helena Report 14 Jun 2004 15:08

Any tips on the archives for this area, I am searching a record for a David Gillman. Where would they be held? I have been on the Canterbury Cathederal website, but I am not sure if this is where they are stored. Any frequent visitors out there who can help me make the most of a long journey!

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jun 2004 17:01

Helena Canterbury Cathedral Archives The Precincts, Canterbury, Kent CT1 2EH. Tel: 01227 865330 email archives(@)canterbury-cathedral(.)org Canterbury Library & Local Studies Collection 18 High Street, Canterbury, Kent CT1 2JF. T: 01227 463608 www(.)kent(.)gov(.)uk Centre for Kentish Studies/Kent County Archives Service Sessions House, County hall, maidstone Kent ME14 1XQ. 01622 694363 e archives(@)kent(.)gov(.)uk East Kent Archives Centre Enterprise Zone, Honeywood Road, Whiftield, Dover, Kent CT16 3EH. 01304 829306 e: eastkentarchives(@)kent(.)gov(.)uk Helen