Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Certificate confuson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nichola

Nichola Report 13 Jun 2004 20:50

I would like to order the birth certificate of my great grandfather but Im confused. I know that in 1933 he died at the same time as his wife. I have found the registration of their deaths on 1837online and he is named as Frederick together with his wife Alice. From his age at death I have located his birth registration but on 1837online there is a Fred Leaf and a Frederick Leaf born in the same quarter. On my grantfathers birth certicate his father is named as Fred Leaf. Hope somebody knows my confusion with the spelling of Frederick on the death registration. I know I have found the correct death register from family information but they only knew him as Fred.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 13 Jun 2004 21:14

I know how confusing this can be. It took me ages to find my grandmother's birth cert. as she was known all her life as Meg and registered on her death cert. as Margaret (family must have assumed this was her full name) In actual fact her name on birth cert. was Maggy. Sooooo confusing!!! Christine

Elizabeth A

Elizabeth A Report 13 Jun 2004 21:40

More up to date Hubby's short birth cert show's Larry Full birth Cert shows Lawrence most of his shows Lawrence - but 1 or 2 show Larry. Liz