Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

are they the same people Help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lesley

Lesley Report 9 Jun 2004 20:16

On the 1851 Essex census I have living in Steeple bumpstead John Jepps age 35 b hempstead Essex Mary jepps age 33 b(Hundon) Suffolk Then on 1861 census John Jeeps age 47 b Hempstead Mary jeeps age 46 B Hundon suffolk Then on 1871 census john jepps age54 b hempstead Mary jepps age53 b keddington suffolk. Do you think there was a family of Jeeps and a family of Jepps or has it been transcibed wrong also one of the mary's born Hundon and one born Keddington. Has any one any ideas.

Helen

Helen Report 9 Jun 2004 20:32

I have a British atlas constantly at the computer ready for looking places up on. Hundon and Kedington are right next to each other - so chances are it's the same person. Also ages wander about quite alot. My best one is a lass who was 22 on the 1861 census, and 20 when she married the following year. Helen PS where in Cumbria are you, if you don't mind me asking. I'm in Barrow.

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 9 Jun 2004 20:42

Greeting's Lesley. . . Helen just beat me to it I would also say yes Hundon to Keddington is only 2.2 miles apart. MIKE.

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 9 Jun 2004 23:36

Oh Lord yes, they are the same people. I have one relative who changed her birth place on every census and certificate. That's six different places of birth. Makes finding parish records a bit of a b*tch!