Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 Census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 8 Jun 2004 14:04

Can anyone tell me if they have changed the time lenghth for vouchers on 1901 census, I think if you used a voucher you had a few weeks, and only 48hrs with credit cards, I put in £5 voucher this morning and its only valid for 48 hrs. is this right. Patricia

Geoff

Geoff Report 8 Jun 2004 15:25

This is what it says on the site "Payment by Voucher. You can purchase a Voucher from any authorised supplier for details of voucher suppliers, click here. You can enter your Voucher (Account ) Number and password on the Voucher login screen. There is no minimum charge per session and your voucher will be valid for 6 months from the date of first use. You are able to view the amount that you have spent at any time by going to the "My Account" link on the menu bar The charges will be deducted from your voucher. When you have used up one voucher, you can enter the details of a further voucher and continue your session. You will be prompted to login when you request a chargeable service - to pay by voucher choose 'Open a Voucher/Account Session' when prompted for a payment method." I suggest you make a copy of the TERMS AND CONDITIONS then you have some sort of comeback if problems arise.

Kim

Kim Report 8 Jun 2004 16:46

I think the "sessions" only lst 48hrs ie if you look ssomeone up, don't save it ,and want to look up the same person if it falls outside 48hrs they charge you again. Take save pages of everything even if its not relevant. you never know there may be another time you need to look at it when it is relevant. (Speaking as someone who didn't save pages!) :) KIM