Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gedcom Upload to Tribal Pages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynne

Lynne Report 7 Jun 2004 17:37

I uploaded my tree last night and the site says it can take 24 hours but typically is processed in one hour. I have looked four times today and it's not done yet. Has anyone else waited this long please? Lynne

Lynne

Lynne Report 7 Jun 2004 19:02

Thanks Dawn & Ros, I'll just have to be patient then - GRR!! Lynne

Penny

Penny Report 7 Jun 2004 20:12

Mine was uploaded the nextday if its any help. Penny

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 7 Jun 2004 21:09

Patience is not one of my virtues, and it's now been 24 hours. Ros

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 8 Jun 2004 18:00

Nearly 48 hours and its still not loaded.

Lynne

Lynne Report 10 Jun 2004 13:36

After two days my tree, containing 92 names, finally uploaded but it says there are only 35 names in it. What's going on? Does anoyne know why it's not uploaded all my name? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks Lynne

Anna

Anna Report 10 Jun 2004 14:29

I uploaded mine,but first time it only put on 20 names(I have over 400 on my Gedcom)I tried again and this time it put on only 90 of the names.I thoguht it was me doing something wrong.Mine went on within 24 hours Anna:-)

Lynne

Lynne Report 10 Jun 2004 16:21

Thanks Ann I have emailed the site administrators and asked them what the problem is and I will try uploading again. Lynne

Geoff

Geoff Report 10 Jun 2004 17:31

In my family tree program "names" = surnames, not individuals - it couldn't be that, could it?

Rosalind in Madeira

Rosalind in Madeira Report 10 Jun 2004 17:35

Mine also finally took over 2 days to upload, said 1094 names, I had to delete some of them as they living. But there is a dicrepency even on the site of how many names. Now I have got rid of the living names I have now to find out how to remove the password!! Ros

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 10 Jun 2004 17:52

I cannot even upload mine. It tells me it must be Ged. I was trying to import it and the software is the LDS one which I thought was compatable. I shall just have to wait for my son to have a go then he will have a moan at me for being thick. Pat