Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

docklands/east end ancestors site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chloe

Chloe Report 7 Jun 2004 16:05

very good but relatively new site is wwwparishregister[.] com

Bob

Bob Report 7 Jun 2004 16:11

Lovely site, makes me wish my ancestors came from there ! Maybe they do - in the 1901 census my G-Grandad says he was born in Stepney, but my Dad says GG-D was born in Germany - so who do I believe ??

Christine2

Christine2 Report 7 Jun 2004 16:14

Can you tell me if Islington comes under East end please? Chris

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 7 Jun 2004 23:26

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! For directing me to this wonderful site and for all your recent help. Yours Jackie King (waterman's daughter)

Chloe

Chloe Report 8 Jun 2004 21:01

message for christine, sorry technically i dont think islington is covered but u could always e-mail them they are very helpful

Helen

Helen Report 9 Jun 2004 07:29

I've been using this site for a few months to help trace some Docklands ancestors. Found it very helpful, but I'm very impatient at waiting for updates, especially as the Poplar All Saints seems to be the main church for my family. Helen

Chloe

Chloe Report 9 Jun 2004 12:06

HELEN i know what u mean, the day they post st.leonards shoreditch and st mary's rotherhithe, i know i will have reached genealogy heaven.

Christine2

Christine2 Report 9 Jun 2004 14:13

Thanks Chloe - sorry for the slow response, I have only just seen your reply - own threads now working again - Cheers Chris