Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

thankyou freecen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brenda

Brenda Report 4 Jun 2004 12:02

a new researcher contacted me through genes connected as they had noticed some of my names matched hers. however they were a different line to mine. i dont really have enough knowledge myself but imagine my delight when i searched freecen for her on the 1891 and found her family. the nicest bit was she thought her grandfather only had 2 brothers but there was a sister there too, who had obviously left home by the time of the 1901. i was delighted eee it did my ego a power of good to be able to help someone (its usually me asking for help) and i never fail to be amazed by all you kind lot that do help by looking up records. so thanks to you all and to freecen.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 4 Jun 2004 12:19

Hi Brenda Glad Freecen was of help. Although none of my areas are on there yet, I am doing some transcribing for them as are quite a few other members. It's good to know it's paying off. Jeanette

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jun 2004 15:48

Yes, finding info for others is nearly as thrilling as finding it for yourself. It's also nice to put back a bit as so many others have helped me.