Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Identifying Regiments from uniforms - help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sylvie

Sylvie Report 3 Jun 2004 15:40

Is anyone good at identification from uniforms and cap badges? I have a WW1 pic of a great uncle and would like to do some research at Kew but given that his name is James Brown, the regiment would be useful. If you think there is a chance you could helo - please email me and I will send the photo Thanks for looking Sylvie

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 3 Jun 2004 15:44

Try this site Sylvie http://www.militarybadges.org.uk/badges/badgestart.htm Hope it helps you Christine

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 3 Jun 2004 16:32

send me the photo i'll see what i can do Malcolm lay

Sylvie

Sylvie Report 3 Jun 2004 19:49

Thanks you both, I'll head off to the website and OE Sylvie

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 3 Jun 2004 20:51

Hi Sylvie Your photo is of a private in THE ARMY CYCLIST CORPS All the best Malcolm