Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Newsletter for all?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Derek

Derek Report 2 Jun 2004 10:23

I recently came across a site where a newsletter is published four times a month (average). It is written by a Rob Thompson, consisting a review of new books and CDs, exchange of views, website reviews, certificate exchange, updated info on Genfair, upcoming events and news on Genuki. The newsletter started March 2000 and I think its worth wading thru leisurely. I have emailed Rob and he has given permission to advertise his newsletter. The site is http://archives(.)rootsweb(.)com/th/index/UK-FAMILYHISTORYNEWS It certainly retains my interest, give it a look over, let me know what you think. Derek in France

Foxyfeline

Foxyfeline Report 2 Jun 2004 18:13

Derek Thanks for that, but are you sure you have the addy right? I keep trying it, but it says page can't be found! Lisa xx

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 2 Jun 2004 18:24

I think it's archiver, not archives. Off to try it myself. Hi Derek. When I have time, it definitely is worth reading. Thank you! (Supposed to be pulling weeds so we can put up a new fence. Better get back outside.)

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 2 Jun 2004 21:03

Hi Dereck I have been recieving Rob's new's for ages I subscribed to his site it's great and free.The addy is- UK-FAMILYHISTORYNEWS-L-request@Rootsweb(.)com remove the brackets from the dot. Then just write subscribe in the message box and send, hope you enjoy the reading. Jill

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 2 Jun 2004 21:19

Hi having problems posting this addy,so will try again. UK(-)FAMILYHISTORYNEWS(-)L(-)request(@)Rootsweb(.)com remove the ( ) hope this works now. Jill

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 2 Jun 2004 21:21

I give up I've tried three times sorry Jill

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 2 Jun 2004 21:31

Right .... !! To subscribe, send an e-mail containing the word 'subscribe' (!) to ... UK-FAMILYHISTORYNEWS-L-request*Rootsweb(.)com BUT take out the * and replace it with an 'at' sign!!! Which you can't input into GC for some weird reason. Maz. XX

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 2 Jun 2004 21:36

Hi Maz Thanks for that, now I KNOW WHY I couldn't post the addy, I'll remember next time. What would we do without you? THANKS. Jill

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 2 Jun 2004 21:39

Cheers Jillian! Maz. XX

Derek

Derek Report 2 Jun 2004 22:05

thanks Maz, got me out the merde again, luv, Derek

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 2 Jun 2004 22:25

Hi Derek Thanks for you news item it has reminded me that I havent told Rob Thompson about my new e-mail address I have been receiving the news letters for a couple of years and I can always find something of interest in them Bren