Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ireland connection.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 30 May 2004 20:09

Would anybody be able to advise me as to where i go now please???? have just found out my ggg grandfather was born in Ireland (Kerry) in abt. 1829. is there any way i can find out more about him? i have found him in all census 1871 onwards in Middlesex, but don't know when he arrived there. all the children were born in Middlesex too. His name was Maurice / Morris / Morrice Moore ( it's spelt differently on every census and certificate i have !!!) thanks Jane xx

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 31 May 2004 07:45

Hello Jane Could this be his daughter? MOORE, Mary Birth Gender: Female Birth Date: 31 May 1873 Birthplace: Tralee No 1, Kerry, Ire. Recorded in: Kerry, Ireland Collection: Civil Registration Father: Maurice MOORE Mother: Mary KELLY Source: FHL Film 255887 Dates: 1873 - 1874 Good Luck Shirley

Jane

Jane Report 31 May 2004 17:03

Hi Shirley, Thanks for that, but not sure if it is i'm afraid. He did have a daughter Mary, but she was born 1863. on the 1871 census she was down as being born in Middlesex, as were all the other children. i'm not too sure on the childrens mother either, in 1871 he's married to a Johanna, also born in Kerry, Ireland, but i believe she might be too young to be the eldest childs mother, would have been 13/14 yrs old. where did you come across this information? Are there sites for Ireland as there are for England ???? Thanks again for looking Jane

Shirlock

Shirlock Report 31 May 2004 18:34

Hello Jane Sorry I should have said where the info came from. It's off the British Isles Vital Record Index CDs. (BIVRI) I had them from LDS Family History CDs. It's 15 CDs with some information of Births, Christenings and marriages from England Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Dated from 1530 to 1906. But, not all records are on them. They cost £22.95 inc p&p Cheques payable to The Church of Jesus Christ Latter-Day Saints The address is Distributions Centre, Family History CDs 399 Garretts Green Lane Birmingham B33 0UH New debit/credit card order line for these CDs only. 08 700 10 20 51 N.B. All compact discs are Windows 95/98/NT editions Hope this helps Shirley

Jane

Jane Report 2 Jun 2004 22:37

thanks for your tips Shirley + Joy........... that lot will keep me out of mischief for ages !!!! Jxxx

Sarah

Sarah Report 3 Jun 2004 21:19

Hi Jane, I have the same problem. My Great Gran was born in Co Carlow. I have contacted the local historical society to no avail. All the family history sites I have found on the net have involved paying someone to do the research. Went on the webchat with Anthony, he suggested the Records office,in my case this is Dublin. Have decided to take advantage of cheap flights and time off to have a go myself. If I can be of any assistance with this to you let me know. My geography of Ireland is not good.