Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

thames watermen and lightermen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chloe

Chloe Report 29 May 2004 17:51

can do look up on apprenticeship bindings,please dont e-mail just post request on this site.chloe

Gen

Gen Report 30 May 2004 17:02

HI Chloe, If the offer is still open I am looking for a Richard Deering who was a lighterman on 1881 census so his apprenticeship was possibly in the 1840's, his son Arthur Deering aged 16 in 1881 was also a Lighterman and quite likely doing his apprenticeship, their address was St Anne's Row London if this is any help and both were born London, London? Thanks in advance. Gen

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 30 May 2004 18:44

Hi Chloe, thanks for the information on Parker and Neale. Robert John Neale (1780ish) married an Ann Ellick and Robert John Neale (1807) had a daughter Ann. Could either of these two ladies have been a Master? Have you any information on George Blake (1845), his son George Thomas Blake (1873) was apprenticed to him, but George's father James was recorded as a labourer. As a child I used to visit George Thomas and his wife, my grandparents, in the Waterman's cottages in Penge. Thanks again for your help.

Hilary

Hilary Report 2 Jun 2004 19:44

Any members of the WALLER family please.

Hilary

Hilary Report 5 Jun 2004 18:19

nudge

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 4 Jul 2004 20:23

nudging for Helen Smith. Maz. XX

Peter

Peter Report 5 Jul 2004 07:52

Hello Chloe, It may be a longshot, but worth a try. I know very little about my Gt Granddad, but his name was John King, he was a lighterman, he passed away before 1891. He lived in the West Ham, Canning Town area. Many thanks, Peter.

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 5 Jul 2004 14:42

Chloe, just a stab in the dark, do you have anything at all for the surname Reynolds? Many thanks.

Chloe

Chloe Report 11 Jul 2004 21:38

MESSAGE FOR YVONNE PAIGE I CANT REMEMBER IF I HAVE REPLIED OR NOT , I AM ALL FAMILY TREED OUT ,SO IF U HAVE SEEN THIS ALL B4 I AM SORRY. LEWIS THOMAS CAMPBELL APP.03.10/1811 LAMBETH TO WILL. CAMPBELL THOMAS CAMPBELL APP.11/12/1845 LAMBETH TO WILL.MORRIS CAMPBELL THOMAS CAMPBELL 09/09/1879,APP. GREENWICH TO JOHN JAMES CAMPBELL IF ANY OF THESE OUR YOURS LET ME KNOW THIS A BIG INTERCONNECTED FAMILY AND REMEMBER THEY WERE'NT ALWAYS STATIONED WHERE THEY LIVED REGARDS CHLOE

Chloe

Chloe Report 11 Jul 2004 21:44

MESSAGE FOR PETER MATTHEWS JOHN KING APP.TO JOHN JAMES KING 1859 AT OLD FORD,DROWNED BEFORE COMPLETING APPRENTICESHIP JOHN DENNIS KING APP LAMBETH 1868 JOHN WILLIAM KING APP.CITY 1875 GOT ANY IDEA WHEN HE WAS BORN WOULD B EASIER TO PINPOINT REGARDS CHLOE

Chloe

Chloe Report 11 Jul 2004 21:50

MESSAGE FOR HILARY WALLER GONNA NEED MORE INFO THERE IS LOTS OF WALLERS ,IF U CAN JUST GIVE ME 1 CHRISTIAN NAME AND A ROUGH BIRTH DATE WITHIN 30 YEARS THEN CAN HELREGARDS CHLOE

Chloe

Chloe Report 11 Jul 2004 21:52

HELEN NEED MORE INFO LOTS OF REYNOLDS GIVE ME A CHRISTIAN NAME AND A ROUGH BIRTH DATE REGARDS CHLOE