Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

London/Middlesex - Bethnal Green Census 1841, 51 &

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stewart

Stewart Report 25 May 2004 16:12

Does anyone have access to these, and willing to do a look up for me? Cheers Stew

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 25 May 2004 16:19

Stewart I have the London 1851 61 & 71 censuses, they are addressed searched only, so would need address and name please. Lynda

Stewart

Stewart Report 25 May 2004 17:11

1861 Henry Bradley, age 43-45 b. Bethnal Green Jane Bradley, age 39-42 b. Somerset Emma Bradley, age 14 b. Bethnal Green Mary Bradley, age 10 b. Bethnal Green George Bradley, age 7 b. Bethnal Green William Bradley, age 4 b. bethnal Green 1851 Henry Bradley, age 33-35 b. Bethnal Green Jane Bradley, age 29-32 b. Somerset Emma Bradley, age 4 b. Bethnal Green In 1871 they are living at 8 Lark Row, Bethnal Green Thanks very much for your help Stew

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 25 May 2004 18:57

Hi Stewart Your family were at the address in '61 8 Lark Row Bethnal Green Henry Bradley, age 41 Block cutter b. Bethnal Green Jane Bradley, age 38 Lint maker b. Somerset Emma Bradley, age 14 ???? maker b. Bethnal Green Henry Bradley age 9 b Bethnal Green George Bradley, age 6 b. Bethnal Green William Bradley, age 4 b. bethnal Green THERE WAS NO MARY BUT THERE WAS A HENRY 1851 Your family were at 13 Lark Row & another child more than you thought. Henry 28 Block Cutter b.Brompton Jane 28 wife lint maker b. Somerset Dusten? Emma 4 daughter b Bethnal Green Mary A 8 months daughter b. Bethnal Green Ann Lucas 64 mother widow Lint maker b. Somerset Henry Love 21 Visitor Block cutter born Somerset. I assume Ann Lucas was Janes mother, so if you didn't know Janes maiden name you have a bonus. Hope this helps. Lynda

Sue

Sue Report 25 May 2004 23:34

Linda, Are you able to help me too, please? In 1871 I have: At 45 King St ,Mile End: James Myers 33 Rebecca Myers 33 Rebecca Myers 6 Frances Myers 1 Next door at 43, James Myers 10 was there as Nephew with William T. Humpage 46 & Frances Humpage 47.It doesn't say visitor, so I assume he was living with them. Was Frances likely to be James snr's older sister? Does she appear in earlier censuses as Frances Humbage or Myers? In 1881, at no. 45, Rebecca snr is there with new members of the family, but also a MaryAnn, daught. aged 14 who wasn't in the house in 1871. Could you see if she, like James, had been sent to stay elsewhere? Perhaps she was in hospital? If you can find any sign of James and/or Rebecca in the earlier censuses, or whoever was living at 45 & 43 King St, I'd be delighted. There's a chance that rebecca's maiden name may have been Wood. Many thanks,and good luck with your own research. Sue (NZ)

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 26 May 2004 00:09

Hi Susan In 1861 King Street only went up to number 31. I have looked on the name index, and your family wern't on there. This index isn't complete and is being added to all the time, so hopefully your family will be on it soon. Ask me again in a few weeks it may be on there then. Lynda

Sue

Sue Report 26 May 2004 05:40

Thanks, that's very kind of you to look. I will try again later. Sue (NZ)

Stewart

Stewart Report 26 May 2004 09:30

Lynda, thanks very much for your help. There are some wonderfully helpful people on these boards! cheers Stew

Sue

Sue Report 6 Jul 2004 23:40

Hi Lynda, Just wondered if there gave been any updates which might include my Myers and Humpage rellies? Sue (NZ)