Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

finding out if eliza or elizabeth lived at address

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 24 May 2004 21:09

im stuck, i was recently contacted by a lady through GC. who was looking for a reli, we both have the name same but 2 addresses, situations are alike for eliza and elizabeth, it would be a suprise if they are not the same person, though dates are about 5 years apart, how can i find out if elizabeth lived at these two addresses. thanks anyone who can help. its only back as far as 1912-1920

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 25 May 2004 20:01

thanks tracey i have no idea how old she was. only that elizabeth had a child in 1912ish and eliza had child in 1920, both in same area and both adopted,the ladies had same job.and eliza was elizabeth prior to 1920 i can only get access to electoral roll for the area by traveling to cardiff that may be next job thanks anyway julie

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 May 2004 21:48

I think full voting rights for women only came in in 1928. Before then, it was for married women and single women over the age of 30.