Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Which Census disks to buy??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 23 May 2004 13:17

I'm wantng to buy some soft ware for West Ridings Census searches, specifically Wakefield. Before I spend my money, are these disks any good, which comes recommended and can I buy for a specific place or do I have to buy the full set?? Do I have to buy different disks for different census dates or does a full set give them all. Help!! Sue xx

Steven

Steven Report 23 May 2004 14:39

buy my census discs from my Local Family History Society and from http://www(.)rod-neep(.)co(.)uk/ (remove the brackets) You can't buy discs with all the census years on them you have to buy then seperatly. Reading the actual image is 10 times better than reading a transcript plus you will find many interesting things that you won't get from a transcript for example next door neighbours who were marriage witnesses, Spouses living in the same road, so you get an idea how they would have met etc. Hope this helps. Steve.

Mystified

Mystified Report 23 May 2004 19:48

Suggest you contact Wakefield FHS via the net, they have a lot of help on there