Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hit the Jackpot!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris

Chris Report 22 May 2004 18:58

I have Recently joined a Family History Society, surname Tyrrell. My G Grandmother was a Tyrrell. Today when i came home from a disappointing trip to Kew (could not find my G Grandads WW1 records) there was some post. Apparently the research coordinator is Grandson of my Great Grandmothers Father's half Brother and he has done loads of research on this Tyrrell line. He sent me no less than 19 copies of BMD Certificates, A family Tree covering 10 pages, he says the full version is 54!! and pointed me in the direction to 3 or 4 distant cousins who are also memebers of the society. Plus he and others have traced back to 1694!!

Brenda

Brenda Report 22 May 2004 19:08

well done u must be feeling great . what will u do with your spare time now tho!

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 22 May 2004 21:08

Wish my family name was Tyrrell!!!!!! Linda

Chris

Chris Report 22 May 2004 21:34

Yes i am Very Pleased with the Info, i am just amazed with the amount of it all, Only Prob is like Brenda said, - the Tyrrell line is sort of closed now-not many new discoveries to make, oh well there is always another line!

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 22 May 2004 23:57

I found someone on the internet who is a distant cousin and she also was successful in researching our shared name. She even found a drawing of our ancestor! I'm not really interested in that side of the tree because I didn't research it at all, but now that I'm not getting very far with my other branches, I'm starting to become interested. I don't think it's as much fun when you don't have a hand in the research, but at least you are very luck to not only have received certificates and information, you also found distant relatives. I'm so happy for you!!