Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what does it say

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brenda

Brenda Report 22 May 2004 18:27

just received my grandfathers marriage cert. under the fathers name and surname (of his wife) it says something like riocared its definitely not the word deceased. the last five letters are clearly visible and they are 'cared' any ideas as to what this word might have been? it is in brackets. thanks brenda x

Dawn

Dawn Report 22 May 2004 18:47

Brenda Could it be 'retired'? Kind Regards Sarah.

Brenda

Brenda Report 22 May 2004 18:59

sarah im almost positive it doesnt say that ill b like a dog with a bone till i find out

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 22 May 2004 19:14

Hi Brenda, If it really does get the better of you, try this site http://www(.)oldscript(.)co(.)uk/ As always remember to remove brackets.

Brenda

Brenda Report 22 May 2004 19:23

thanks christine ill give that a go brenda x

Dawn

Dawn Report 22 May 2004 19:26

Brenda You could always, if you have a scanner, mail it to me and I'll have a look. Regards Sarah.X

Brenda

Brenda Report 22 May 2004 19:34

ahem thanks sarah i need my son to help me out on that one i will get him to scan it 2morrow. thanks brenda x

Brenda

Brenda Report 23 May 2004 13:48

sorry the scanner is a no no . ive passed it all around the neighbours today (well it is such a sunny day) and the general concensus of opinion is that it does say deceased but it is spelt wrongly. i suppose this did happen. very annoying tho. regards brenda x