Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Victoria

Victoria Report 22 May 2004 17:33

I am new to this site and was wondering if someone could help me. On the list when it tells you how many people have registered with the same surname, there is a red message at the side saying 1 new message.......what does this mean?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 May 2004 17:36

It means one new message has been added regarding that name. (i.e.one new entry for it), click on it and you will see. Ann Glos

Victoria

Victoria Report 22 May 2004 17:37

it won't let me click on it...........................i must be doing something wrong...

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 22 May 2004 17:39

Victoria, This means somebody has posted a message about someone with that surname on the message boards. To access: click on the surname (on the left) and then you can see which board it is...history, trying to find or general. Click on that board to read that message. Hope it makes sense, Viv.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 May 2004 17:41

sorry my fault. Go into your names, click on names in entire site ( i.e. the name that has one message). It will then come up with i new message and you click on one of the three options. (I think). Ann Glos

Victoria

Victoria Report 22 May 2004 17:50

Thanks!! I think i've got it now!