Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

JOINING GENES CONNECTED FROM ABROAD ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rose

Rose Report 22 May 2004 15:15

Can anyone tell me if you can join Genes Connected fron the USA, and how easy is it? How do you pay etc? I know people log in from all over the place but someone I told about this site in the US has asked me. Rose

Carol in Rochester, New York

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 22 May 2004 16:18

Hi Rose, I joined from here in the U.S. I just registered in the usual way and used my good old visa card.

Felicity

Felicity Report 22 May 2004 16:42

Me too. I came to the USA 4 years ago, so have found the web and Genesconnected a wonderful resource. I've just volunteered for the Freecen project and been accepted too, so distance really is not object.

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 22 May 2004 17:13

Hi. I'm Canadian, but have lived here for a loonngggg time. I only have one ancestor who was born in the States, and he only lived here 5 years; so researching has been difficult from California. Living in California, the only disadvantage with GC is (I work part-time) when I get home from work, most of GC is asleep. Makes it easier to check the boards, though. Couldn't have been easier to sign up. Thrilled that I did, as many kind people have helped me and I've learned about the areas my ancestors came from.

Rose

Rose Report 23 May 2004 01:15

Thanks everyone, I will pass on this information. Does it cost the equivalent of the £6.50 a year we pay in the UK? Rose

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 23 May 2004 01:19

I joined around October and I am almost certain I paid the same amount, only in American dollars.

Judy

Judy Report 23 May 2004 05:10

I just renewed and US funds were $13.50. Judy

Sandra

Sandra Report 23 May 2004 13:57

Just bumping this up for someone to view who is not a full member so can't write to board. Sandra