Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone know Hatfield Broad Oak?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 21 May 2004 19:42

A possible ancestor lived in Hatfield Broad Oak, Essex. The census was difficult to read and the kind person who looked up the information thought the family lived on "Mossbrook". Does anyone know if there is a street in HBO with that name, or a similar name? Thank you for your help. :~)

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 May 2004 20:24

Lisa, log on to http://www.streetmap.co.uk/ and type in Hatfield - it will give you a choice if you click on Hatfield Broad Oak you can then click on + sign at bottom of map to bring up street map of HBO. It is possible that the name is not a road, but a house or farm. Helen

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 21 May 2004 20:30

Thank you very, very much, Helen!!!!!! I'm off to check it out.

Crista

Crista Report 21 May 2004 21:27

Lisa, I think it's Mus Brook. It's the brook that runs northeast to southwest through Hatfield. Crista

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 21 May 2004 23:09

Thank you Crista. I tried the streetmap site earlier today and it was taking FOREVER to load; tried one other site and it too was taking a long time, so gave up for a bit. Thank you for the information. :~)

Sand

Sand Report 22 May 2004 11:00

Hi Lisa, Hatfield Broad Oak is in Essex, near Harlow, Enfield area. Hope this helps!

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 22 May 2004 17:28

Hi Sally: I have an online map (not a very good one!) and have looked and looked at it, trying to absorb as much information about the area as possible. Never noticed Harlow before :~) have been so busy checking out the little towns. Thank you for your information; always thrilled to receive things about my "brickwall ancestor's" likely place of birth.