Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

john burns 1901

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brenda

Brenda Report 21 May 2004 17:16

something very strange has happened and i was wondering if u could fathom it out? i printed a sheet from the decoder on 11 may i found 3 children i was looking for all with the same id page no. couldnt find their mother and played around for ages till i came up with the stupid name of lanc tatty and her page id matched the 3 children. (i wasnt aware then that same page id mighnt mean they were all together) anyway i emailed 1901 asking them to check out lanc tatty for me as it was such a weird name. now today i have been on the same search exactly and lanc tatty is with two of the children on same page id but the other one my grandma bessie (written as Bessic) is now separate with a different page id and person id. why would this have now changed? hope that all makes sense?*! regards brenda

Foxyfeline

Foxyfeline Report 21 May 2004 18:37

Brenda This happened to me, and I thought the decoder had thrown a wobbly!! I went on John Burns site however, and looked at the FAQs. There was information on there that told me what had happened. Apparently, if you start another session, the page ids all change!! This happens also when you are taking your time with things, and the session runs out, you look for them again, and they come up with different page ids. Hope this makes sense Lisa xx

Brenda

Brenda Report 21 May 2004 19:28

thanks lisa that could xplain it brenda x