Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

"FLOODING AFTER CHILDBIRTH"

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 May 2004 16:46

uGH! I have this on a death cert as cause of death. Anybody encountered this before? I'm thinking it could be post-partum haemorrhage, but another website has flooding as placenta praevia. Suggestions welcome.

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 May 2004 17:18

Helen My turn this time :-))) Whichever way you look at this - and as yukky as it is, the poor woman bled to death after giving birth :-((( You may never know which of the above it was, but it could have been either. Thank god for modern medicine!! Gaynor

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 May 2004 17:24

Too right, Gaynor. It was gross enough in 1992 & 4 when I did it. Incidentally, the registrar on the certificate was Obed John Gibbins. You couldn't make it up, could you!:-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 May 2004 17:32

Helen lol - i've just posted another one on this board that you might enjoy. This si such hard work :-))) Gaynor

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 May 2004 08:48

Ugh Helen LOL Served myself right, thought I'd take a browse through this board while I was having my morning toast and hot chocolate :)))

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 22 May 2004 15:39

Look it up on www(.)paul_smith.doctors.org.uk/Archaic Medical Terms.htm worth a look just for fun! My last death cert said Decay of Nature ( old age or natural causes) Linda x

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 22 May 2004 17:34

Helen, How sad that she bleed to death. Did the child survive? (I'm in Letchworth by the way) Viv.

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 May 2004 17:50

Viv in North Herts You must be near me! Until I got her death cert, I had no idea she'd died in childbirth. I thought her last child was born 1868. She died in 1874 and was 38, so its possible she had more children that were miscarried or died, or just not baptised where I thought they should be:-). Her surname was Williams and it is a TOTAL NIGHTMARE trying to trace them in Gloucestershire, they all have such common names and there were at least two families living in the same area with a dad named William (original) and a son called Charles. I'll keep you posted. Helen